[ydl-gen] cd and dvd player crashing

robert rnuzum at verizon.net
Wed Apr 4 16:46:11 MDT 2007

Alas , another problem. Evolution mail is crashing when I try to send mail. I
am using kmail and it seems to be ok. I have sent a bug report.
When I try this  mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom I get this:
mount: you must specify the filesystem type.
The error message in /log/messages is : error-hdc-command error status-0x50
drive ready seek complete error.
I have added a line in fstab from the internet and now when I click on the
cd/dvd rom icon with a disk in it, data or music cd, it mounts. When i
attempt to run a dvd it crashes quickly and requires rebooting with the error
found above.
Thanks for any help,Bob