[ydl-gen] Fwd: can yum use local RPMs?

Christopher Murtagh cmurtagh at terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 10 00:26:12 MDT 2007

On Monday 09 April 2007, John Wright wrote:
> Thanks for the info!  Actually, it isn't quite the root
> directory of the dvd;  I needed  to set the baseurl as follows:
>
> baseurl=file:///mnt/dvd/YellowDog

 Hrm, that's odd, because that definitely didn't work for me. I did that
minus '/YellowDog' (so, just baseurl=file:///mnt/dvd' in your case) and yum
install packagename just works for me.

 Although, I'm not using the released ISO, I've got a DVD that was made from
an rsync of the development tree. Maybe that's the diff. I'll ask Owen about
that.

Cheers,

Chris