[ydl-gen] Installing YDL on QS20

bobi at netshel.net bobi at netshel.net
Wed Apr 11 14:43:41 MDT 2007

Ok, we just purchased an IBM 8867 chassis with a single QS20 blade server
in it.

I've gotten into the managment module and set all the IP addresses,
upgraded the firmware on the MM and the two Nortel L2/L3 switches.

I've read all of their relevant docs on how to set this up and install Linux.

Now I get to the part of installing YDL and their documents are silent!

Since you can't use the chassis CDROM to install, it's implied that you do
a netboot install.

I tried this and at the QS20 serial console, I see the QS20 issuing bootp
requests (or so it says,) but those bootp requests don't seem to make it
across the internal bus to an internal switch port on the Nortel swicthes.

So, how in the heck do I get YDL onto the QS20's internal IDE HDD?

Any help would be most appreciated as I have no hair left to pull-out...

Bob