[ydl-gen] [YDL5] Install DVD won't boot (bad media?) and related questions

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sun Apr 15 07:47:34 MDT 2007

Hi Jon and other participants on this thread:

I considered what was recommended regarding md5.  I decided to try md5
as well as cksum with all it's various options (in sequence), and cksum
from with Terminal.
I downloaded an .iso file from TSS itself, and kept a record of the
official md5sum defined by TSS.  The expected output would be matched
against what TSS stated it should be.

Each command was run in sequence with one option.
In EVERY case, each output of these commands produced an output which
did not match the official TSS value.
I'm sure everyone is aware that each character of the entire sequence of
the TSS value must match perfectly.
When it does not match perfectly the entire file must be suspect.

Despite this result, perhaps this particular file was garbled during
download.

As to downloading and compiling md5sum or other commands which Apple
removed, this can become a losing battle as with every Apple update
the  range of changes
they make to Darwin and OS X continues according to their whim.  Since
they are essentially listening to no one and making choices according to
their view of what users want -- I don't see a resolution other than to
abandon OS X as a reliable testing platform.