[ydl-gen] [YDL5] Install DVD won't boot (bad media?) and related questions

Jon "NeoAmsterdam" Levy YellowDog at NeoAmsterdam.net
Sun Apr 15 15:00:29 MDT 2007

Sorry I haven't been on top of the discussions here because I've been
going around with that "cutting-edge" smirk for the last few days.

The good news is that the culprit has been found: Some prints of the
YDL 5 Install DVD were indeed bad prints.  TSS's staff has been
lightning-fast to figure out the problem, and were kind enough to
allow me to download an ISO from YDL.net and send a good print my
way.  Kudos to 'em all!

As for the debate regarding MD5, I can only plead ignorance - I use
the program, understand the gist of what it does and why it's used,
and that's it.  All that I can add constructively to debate is this:
The MD5 of the ISO I downloaded from YDL.net matches the expected
value, and that it was computed on OS X.4.9.

Thanks to all for your input, and especially to Chris, Heather, and
everyone at TSS who went above-and-beyond.
  - NeoAmsterdam