[ydl-gen] Accelerated Xorg

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Fri Dec 14 09:34:17 MST 2007

I doubt that there would be any difference. The acceleration is for
2D operations, not 3D. Developing an accelerated Mesa (OpenGL) would
be a major undertaking and might never happen on the PS3. For
example, the Nouveau project was an attempt to reverse engineer some
recent Nvidia cards and develop accelerated OpenGL - it had 50+
programmers and several years and has not come up with a complete
accelerated Mesa (though I believe they can run the glxgears demo).
The ps3rsx project has 2 people and a few months. There is 3D access
on the PS3, just not using OpenGL.

-wn