[ydl-gen] Building stk on YDL 5 PS#

ron flory ron.flory at adtran.com
Wed Feb 14 10:50:11 MST 2007

David Seikel wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:24:29 -0500 John Dey <jsdey at optonline.net> wrote:
>
>> I managed to locate a number of config.guess files on my host.  I
>> copied the one in /usr/share/automake-1.9/config.guess to the local
>> directory and ran ./configure.
>
> Deleting the stk config.guess file would be a better choice.  Also try -
>
> make clean
>
> before you do ./configure.
>
> On the other hand, probably worthwhile to nuke the whole thing and
> start from a fresh download / unpack of the source code.

  ...just a general bit of info...

  Above generally just cleans up 'src' related files, leaving the
'guess' and 'cache' files generated by the config process.

  make distclean

  (cleanup files to original distribution state) usually does the same
thing as 'clean', but it also zaps those additional files generated by
the config process.

ron