[ydl-gen] cheapest, best display for PS3

Nathan Moore ntmoore at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 12:45:30 MST 2007

Hi All,

I've been thinking about buying a PS3 for our physics department for
a few months now as it seems like an interesting platform to play
around with assembly language programming.  The main holdup so far is
the price of a display (Hyundai E260D - LCD TV suggested by YDL
support, ~$600).  Do I understand correctly that the best display for
the PS3 is a hd tv of nearly the price of a PS3?  On a machine like
this, can I get by with a standard 17" DVI/VGA lcd panel?

Nathan

Nathan Moore
Physics, Pasteur 152
Winona State University