[ydl-gen] Video Issue on PS3

Brandon Williams bwwilliams at tehkernel.com
Thu Jan 4 16:13:26 MST 2007

I installed YDL 5.0 on my PS3 today while it was hooked up to a 32"
Sharp Aquos LCD TV. When I moved it to my 52" Toshiba DLP, I don't see
any of the text from kboot, or the rest of the boot process. The system
will boot and present the GDM login screen, but there is a green
background for everything. The colors are all messed up, and it almost
looks like they're inverted. Oddly, when I'm using GAIM and send or
receive a message, my TV appears to go through a resolution change where
the colors are correct for a brief moment, then the screen goes back to
it's previous state. The TV is connected via HDMI and supports up to
1080i, so I'm not sure what's going wrong. Anyone else seen this
behavior?

Thanks,
Brandon