[ydl-gen] New user

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 23:47:08 MST 2007

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 00:44:29 -0500 "Jimmy Lee" <jjklee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to Linux, but my technical background should make this new
> adventure go smoothly.  I have one issue while installing YDL on my
> PS3.  I have done several quick and one full format and have dled the
> iso and burned it on a Fuji film DVD+R.  I am receiving the following
> error while getting to kboot:
> sd 4:0:0:0 attached scsi removable disk sdf
> info, udhcpc (v0, 9.9-pre) started
> debug, sending discover ...
> debug, sending discover ...
> debug, sending discover ...
> dont understand action :leasefail:
> udf-fs: no partition found (1)
> ps3pf_stor_common_handle_read: timeout 3
> scs error : return code 0x800002
> sr0: current: sense key = 0x4
> ASC = 0x0 ASCO = 0x0
> end_request: 1/i error, dev sr0, secotr 0
> Fat: unable to read boot sector
> ps3pf_stor_hdd-_irq_handler: tag=0x0 ctag= 0x1
> scsi error return code = 0x9000002
> ext3-fd unable to read superblock
> UDF-fs: No partition found (1)
>
> If I am correct, it shows that when the SCSI (removeable hdd) is being
> accessed it gets a leasefail error, which leads to no partition
> found.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this problem.  I
> have spent all yesterday driving back and forth to get a keyboard
> that was not giving me an irq failure.  Today when I finally have the
> right keyboard, mouse, I get stuck with the SCSI error.

I know it's a simple mistake to make, but it has to be asked.  Did you
burn a DVD with just the single iso file on it, or did you burn the iso
image to the DVD, such that you now have the contents of that iso image
on the DVD (a big bunch of directories with files in them)?  It's an
easy mistake to make, especially when using some Windows DVD burning
software.

Other than that, there may be a problem with the PS3 reading that
particular brand of DVD, or disks burnt from that particular burner.
It happens sometimes, and I believe the PS3 disk reader is a little
more fussy than some other drives.  Try another brand of DVD, another
type of DVD, or another burner.

BTW, the leasefail message is part of the network DHCP negotiation to
get your IP address and other network configuration information from
any DHCP server you may happen to have on your network.  At least I'm
fairly sure it is.  B-)