[ydl-gen] Video Monitors--2

jmzorko at mac.com jmzorko at mac.com
Tue Jan 9 11:02:54 MST 2007

Paul,

> I use the Dell 2407FPW ( revision A3) at 1080P using HDMI.
>
> Picture is crisp and clear (earlier revisions of the monitor only
> had HDCP
> to 720P I think so what out if you get it via ebay)
>
> If anything that much real estate takes some getting used to!

You have my monitor -- please give it back :-)  Seriously, I was
considering the 2407FPW, but I wasn't sure how to get sound (since I
use HDMI), so I snarfed a 23" LCD TV with an HDMI input, even though
it limits me to 720p.  Can one attach speakers to the Dell so it
could pass the audio it receives from the HDMI port to them?  1080p
would be sweet, if I could keep the cables to a minimum e.g. keep
using HDMI for video and audio.

Regarding the framebuffer issue, I also look forward to accelerated
video under Linux on the PS3 (as well as 802.11 support).  I have a
dual 2ghz Mac G5, as well as a MacBook, a W2K3 box, a Debian box and
a Gentoo box.  The video on the OSX and Windows machines is waaaay
nicer than on the PS3 when moving windows around, etc.

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com