[ydl-gen] Video Monitors--2

Brian Wood beww at bresnan.net
Tue Jan 9 12:47:46 MST 2007

On Jan 9, 2007, at 12:34 PM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> On  9 Jan 2007, beww at bresnan.net wrote:
>
>> On Jan 9, 2007, at 10:24 AM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>
>>> I hope Sony realizes what a big mistake it's making with the video
>>> driver.
>
>> Sony "realize a big mistake" ??????
>
>> You're talking about the outfit that just had to shell out many
>> millions of $$$ because they didn't "realize" that secretly
>> installing rootkits on customer's computers was a bad idea.
>
> That was a while ago and a different division of a very large company.
> Sony obviously has interest in supporting a Linux PS3 community, so I
> think users should voice their opinions rather than their prejudices.

I hear what you are saying, but "prejudice" implies a judgement prior
to looking at the evidence. I have dealt with Sony for decades in the
broadcast field and have found them to be arrogant in the extreme,
and the rootkit matter was just another case of that.

So I guess it is an "opinion" based on experience, not "prejudice".

Still I have to admit they are at least moving in the right direction
regarding Linux on the PS3, and the video driver matter may in fact
be nVidia and not Sony holding up the works.