[ydl-gen] Video Monitors--2

Ted Zlatanov tzz at lifelogs.com
Wed Jan 10 08:04:57 MST 2007

On 10 Jan 2007, warren at phys.washington.edu wrote:

> Using Apple's Xwindow server on a Powerbook to talk to the PS3 works
> very well, in view of the fact that the link is an 801.11g connection
> (not to the ps3 - more's the pity - but to a LinkSys router). Both
> systems have 1000baseT which should speed things up a bit. I am quite
> pleased with this configuration.

I could do this, but I'd really like the PS3 to be my game *and* media
player in my living room.  Otherwise I can get a $600 PC that will do
a much better job, running Debian or Ubuntu or whatever Linux distro I
want, and it would just work.  Like I said earlier, the video card is
fully capable, so it's silly to make all this effort to circumvent the
hypervisor video blocks.

Ted