[ydl-gen] PS3 YDL5 yum repositories ?

John Dey jsdey at optonline.net
Sat Jan 13 12:50:36 MST 2007

emacs works from the text mode.  When I went to GUI, emacs didn't work.
  I also downloaded xemacs and it work in GUI mode.  I yumed mlocate
which gave me updatedb and locate.
On Jan 13, 2007, at 10:58 AM, Warren Nagourney wrote:

> I went thought the same search for a working yum until I discovered
> the commented urls. When I downloaded emacs via yum it didn't work -
> something about a color being missing. (Xemacs did work after I
> downloaded it). "Locate" was also missing. How did you get emacs to
> work?
>

> On Jan 13, 2007, at 6:30 AM, John Dey wrote:
>
>> For some reason the urls in in stock version of YDL 5 had been
>> commented out.  I removed the comments, setup network (ifconfig, route
>> and resolve.conf) and away I went.  I now have emacs--vi was
>> driving me
>> crazy.  Also now with network I can use ssh and hope to give vnc a try
>> this weekend.  I see that the TSS folks loaded vncserver for my
>> benefit.

>>> I don't have a YDL.net account. Here is what my repo files look like.
>>> Maybe someone can tell me if they're wrong. I grabbed them off some
>>> forum and forgot where.
>>>
>>> Coming from Debian, I'm still learning where everything is.
>>>
>>> yellowdog-base.repo
>>> ------------------------------
>>> [base]
>>> name=Yellow Dog Linux 5.0 Base
>>> baseurl=http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yum/5.0/base/
>>> mirrorlist=http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/resources/yd50-base-
>>> mlist
>>> enabled=1
>>> gpgcheck=0
>>> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY
>>>

>>> yellowdog-extras.repo
>>> --------------------------------
>>> [extras]
>>> name=Yellow Dog Linux 5.0 Extras
>>> baseurl=http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yum/5.0/extras/
>>> mirrorlist=http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/resources/yd50-extras-
>>> mlist
>>> enabled=1
>>> gpgcheck=0
>>> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY
>>>
>>> yellowdog-updates.repo
>>> [updates]
>>> [updates]
>>> name=Yellow Dog Linux 5.0 Updates