[ydl-gen] Problem with full screen mode

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 21:04:52 MST 2007

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:42:26 -0800 "stankao" <aircow33 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks to Rob, I am able to get 1080p displayed correctly on my
> Samsung S5687.  But I couldn't set it to full screen mode.  It seems
> like if I put it on full screen mode some parts of the display will
> be drawn outside the display area.   But if I put it in regular 1080p
> mode without full screen I get a black frame around my HDTV.  Any
> ideas on how to tweak full screen mode?   Instead of adding 128 add
> only 120?......

Regular 1o80p mode assumes normal TV overscan, and the overscan area
will be slightly different on each TV.  Full screen mode ignores
overscan and uses the entire screen area, which is good for computer
monitors.  There is nothing you can do from YDL it''s all about how you
setup your TV/monitor.  Adjust the vertical and horizontal size until
you see the full image / remove the black border.