[ydl-gen] revised, clarified PS3 video HOWTOs

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 20:15:08 MST 2007

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:34:56 -0800 Warren Nagourney
<warren at phys.washington.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for the HOWTO. I was intrigued by the command "ps3videomode -
> H" which was described as HDCP_OFF. Does it really disable HDCP?

It didn't disable HDCP here.  It may do so for someone, maybe for an
old firmware version, maybe for future firmware.  I figured the option
is there for a reason.  It could just be for people that paid for the
Sony PS3 development kit, and they aren't allowed to discuss it.