[ydl-gen] yum update itself

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sun Jul 1 00:13:37 MDT 2007

Dear bbux:

Each version of YDL comprises a version of yum which "fits" that version of YDL
best.  Within YDL 3, you could update yum by doing:

#yum update yum

which would update yum appropriate to that version of YDL 3.

However updating yum as you've proposed would not match the version of
YDL you are using which could cause you a variety of problems which are best
avoided.

Good Luck ...

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:34:07 +0200
bbux <bouillaut.beatrice at neuf.fr> wrote:

> hi !
>
> I'm on the Yellowdog 3 and I'd want to update yum (-1.0-1d) with
> yum-2.0.7-3.0
> but I can't find the good url's to write on yum.conf
>
> [main]
> cachedir=/var/cache/yum
> debuglevel=2
> logfile=/var/log/yum.log
> pkgpolicy=newest
>
> [base]
> name=Yellow Dog Linux
> baseurl=???????????????????
>
> [updates]
> name=Yellow Dog Linux
> baseurl=???????????????????
>
> do you (anyone) know what could be these ????
>

> merci !

========
The scientist's religious feeling takes the form of a
rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which
reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, in
comparison with it, the highest intelligence of human beings
is an utterly insignificant reflection.  This feeling is the
guiding principle of his life and work.
-- Albert Einstein, Scientist.