[ydl-gen] yum update itself

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sun Jul 1 08:49:15 MDT 2007

Hi Bbux:

Regarding ADSL here is an official document you can utilize.  Although the
instructions apply to YDL 2; YDL 3 is not that different as far as applying
these directions.  Here is that link:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/adsl.shtml

If you take the time to review the directions I posted which rely upon the
official recommendations posted on the TSS website, there should be no
difficulties.

Recall that ADSL is equivalent to DSL speeds; you should still be able to have
significant download speeds at either rate.  Mon ami, anything is better than
dial-up speed (57,600 Kb/s)!

If following the instructions to utilize ADSL within YDL is a bit advanced for
you, you can do the download of the .iso and burn the discs from within OS X or
OS Classic.  The instructions to do so were included on the official links I
provided to the TSS website earlier.

Take your time, go through the instructions slowly and carefully.

I wish my French was better, but on my end I'm deciphering your French into
Latin and Spanish to intuit your meaning.  Even so, as long as the information
becomes clearer and useful to you ... that's what is important, in the end.

Take your time, review the information well and you should be on your way.
If you believe, that a French YDL community would be more useful I'll request
of TSS if such a reference is available to assist you.  Otherwise, if you get
stuck feel free to write back.

Best wishes...

Hey, smile, ok?  :-)

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:34:44 +0200 bbux
<bouillaut.beatrice at neuf.fr> wrote:

> aie (!)
>
> Derick Centeno a écrit:
> > euh... a very long letter in english (re-aie!)
>
> I know the linked url is not an official one, but I can't find anymore
> the original ydl's support for upgrading from 3 to 4
>
> > 2.  YDL 4.1 is no longer supported by TSS and is not available...
> so it's why !
>
> I'm going to read attentivement all your recommendations, and try to
> follow your "mode d'emploi"
>
> merci beaucoup !
>

> cordialement,
> bb
>
> notabb: I'm a poor adsl's Frenchounette !o(

========
The scientist's religious feeling takes the form of a
rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which
reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, in
comparison with it, the highest intelligence of human beings
is an utterly insignificant reflection.  This feeling is the
guiding principle of his life and work.
-- Albert Einstein, Scientist.