[ydl-gen] YDL 5.0.2 doesn't start installer on iBook A1005 (should be G3)

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Fri Jul 27 15:24:19 MDT 2007

Mr. Zhang:

YDL 5 support for iBook was evaluated and tested by TSS; their comments
exist on this page:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php?hw_cat_id=3

Please note the asterisks (*) regarding specific details discussing
hardware.  Perhaps the cause of the difficulty you are reporting could be
tracked to a hardware problem.  Other things you can check are the
preparation of the hard drive upon which YDL would be installed and the
steps recommended in the install instructions for YDL 5 which you can find
here:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/installation/

Although I'm merely providing the fundamentals, others may volunteer more
details.

Regarding Ubuntu you will have to consult with them.  I recall an official
posting that (since Feb of this year) Ubuntu no longer provides support
for PowerPC systems.  That announcement can be viewed here:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2007-February/000098.html