[ydl-gen] Where should init scripts go within enlightenment?

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 15:53:05 MDT 2007

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:13:59 -0400 Derick Centeno
<aguilarojo at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 03:41:32 -0500
> "Ron Rogers Jr." <CronoCloud at mchsi.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:11:50 -0400
> > Derick Centeno <aguilarojo at verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Ron
> > >
> > > Thanks for your suggestions, but when I created the files and
> > > followed your instructions e17 ceased to work properly at
> > > all. snip...
>
> > Sorry it didn't work, it does work for me, though
> > there are a there are a few things I thought of:
> >
> > 1. It may be necessary to have the gpg-agent.desktop file in
> > ~/.e/e/applications/all as well.
> >
> I tend to follow, as much as possible, an ideal I picked up from a
> professor regarding programming.  The concept essentially is one of
> emphasizing efficiency.  Duplicating one file in multiple places
> doesn't appear to implement that concept.
>
> I believe such duplication implies a problem demanding a better
> strategy.

It's not a duplication, ~/.e/e/applications/all/ is the correct place
for the gpg-agent.desktop file.  ~/.e/e/applications/startup/ should
only have it's .order file modified to add a reference to that file.
Add the reference with no path as was suggested in the first place by
Ron.

If you are still experimenting with this then I would simplify the exec
line in that .desktop file to just call gpg-agent directly, and leave
out the eval "$()" type stuff -

Exec=gpg-agent --daemon

Just tried to install gpg-agent on my ubuntu box for some quick tests
and failed coz the ubuntu repos are still screwed after a month.  Guess
I should install it under YDL and test it properly.  B-)