[ydl-gen] powerbook5,6

Jon "NeoAmsterdam" Levy YellowDog at NeoAmsterdam.net
Fri Jun 15 20:07:33 MDT 2007

On 07/Jun/15 , at 21:12, 執事尼古拉 wrote:

> Anyone?
>
> On 5/17/07, Nicholas C. Stanosheck <NicholasC at stanosheck.com>
> wrote: I have this exact machine too. Since, at least for me, YDL
> 5.0.1 does not offer the native resolution of 1280x854, what are
> other users on this PowerBook using for their resolution on this
> machine?

> > So I
> > would like to know if video and dvi out works on my powerbook :
> >
> >   Machine Name:       PowerBook G4 15"
> >   Machine Model:      PowerBook5,6

> > ATI Mobility Radeon 9700:
> >
> > Does dualhead works ? Could I use video-out now ? Please tell me.
> That
> > the feature that stop me to go full on linux with this machine.

I have the precursor (PowerBook3,5) and my short answer is "caveats
galore".

X's autoconfiguration did not automagically detect the 1280×854 at 24
panel as it did in YDL4.1, so I tinkered with the config file.  If
memory serves, the Enlightenment desktop started up as 1152×768 at 16 or
something similar.  A few tweaks later, and all's running optimally.

I couldn't get video-out through DVI or S-Video to work.  Since I
don't make much use of video-out, do not interpret this as meaning
"it doesn't work at all", just that *I* couldn't get it to work.
Your mileage will vary, but I suspect somewhat further than mine
being that my machine's older than yours.

Hope that helped.
	- Jon "NeoAmsterdam" Levy