[ydl-gen] display problems on apple Xserve G5

Richardson, Joshua A. Joshua.Richardson at gd-ais.com
Tue Jun 26 08:15:10 MDT 2007

Since you're relatively new to Linux, welcome!  Here's one of the best
lessons I've learned so far.  The command line is your best friend.
Start in run level 3, find a couple good articles on configuring X and
start trying to do it yourself instead of using GUI tools.  Nothing
against Terrasoft, but damn if I ever see GUI tools that do the job
right when it comes to configuring things.  BTW, its extremely bad
practice to log in as root on the GUI side of things, or some I've been
told.  My RHCE instructor told me once that if ever saw a contractor
working for him login as root at the GUI he would never hire them back!
So, just because its good practice, once you get into run level 3, make
yourself another user, then just su to root from then on.  Anywho, way
off topic.  Sorry.  Good luck!

Joshua A. Richardson

(703) 272-1761 -- Office

(540) 383-9093 - Cell