[ydl-gen] Compiling Firefox 2.0.0.2 on YDL41?

Luke Scharf lscharf at vt.edu
Fri Mar 2 09:35:49 MST 2007

Christopher Murtagh wrote:
> On 2/27/07, Luke Scharf <lscharf at vt.edu> wrote:
>
>>  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>

>  Check the README.txt, it has the following requirements:
>
> glibc 2.1, XFree86 3.3.x, GTK 1.2.x, Glib1.2.x, Libstdc++ 2.9.0.
>
> So, make sure you have those packages installed. Also, the configure
> script requires --enable-application to be set to something (once you
> resolve the issue above). Open the configure script in a text editor
> and look for '--enable-application' to see what the available options
> are.

It appears that installing the libstc++ libraries allowed ./configure to
proceed, though I did also install every version glibc library that
could possibly be useful.

After that, a "./configure --enable-application=browser" allows the
configure to proceed.

I'm still working on some other issues, though -- it can't find the -lX
and some related libraries, even with the parameters that are supposed
to tell it where the X libraries are.  But I can troubleshoot that myself.

Many thanks!
-Luke