[ydl-gen] Programming for speed on the PS3

jmzorko at mac.com jmzorko at mac.com
Wed Mar 7 21:03:55 MST 2007

Jonathan,

Will the C code demand a specific IBM-supplied compiler (and if so,
how do I get it?), or will the gcc that comes with YDL 5 suffice?  I
suspect this is a basic "Cell 101" question, but I thought i'd ask ...

Regards,

John, who really appreciates your posting of these

> The next article will take these concepts and show how to use them
> when programming in C.  IBM has gone out-of-their-way to make all
> of the cool low-level features of the SPU available in C, including
> branch-hinting.

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com