[ydl-gen] DST Patches

Bill Fink billfink at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 13 23:16:21 CDT 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:29:05 -0700, Owen Stampflee wrote:

> (Please note, this only applies to to YDL 3 and 4, YDL 5 does not need
> updates)
>
> http://cvs.terraplex.com/~owen/tzdata-2007/RPMS
>
> the yd3 package is for YDL 3.0.x, and the yd4 package is for YDL 4.x.x
>
> To install the packages:
>
> 	rpm -Uvh tzdata-2006g-1.ydX.noarch.rpm
>
> You can confirm the update was successful with the following command:
>
> 	/usr/sbin/zdump -v /etc/localtime | grep 2007
>
> If the output of zdump does not show DST starting on March 11,
>
> 	cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/<your timezone> /etc/localtime

In case others might find this useful, on my YDL 3.0 system at work,
after updating the tzdata RPM package and the /etc/localtime file,
while the "date" command then returned the correct time, the clock
in the KDE Panel was still an hour behind.  While you could just
logout from KDE and then re-login to fix this, I had a lot of windows
open which I didn't want to disturb, so after a Google search I found
the following command which did the trick for me:

	dcop kicker kicker restart

This restarted the KDE kicker, after which the clock had the correct
time.

On my YDL 4.1 system at home this wasn't necessary.  After doing the
system updates, the clock just showed the correct time without any
manual KDE intervention.

						-Bill