[ydl-gen] linux dri driver info ?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Fri Mar 30 02:49:10 MDT 2007

Hi,

thanks for the link. I signed it as well.

I would really like to know if this is ever going to be
supported.

I know I already said this here once, but since I'm a
possible customer, I feel like I can reinforce it once more.

If YDL Linux offers the same support for PS3 that PS2 Linux
has for the PS2. Then I would gladly buy PS3 YDL distribution
and the PS3.

If not then I would just get a 360 and use XNA.

And no, I don't find it that cool to use PS3 just to learn
how to use the cell. Even thought it might be quite fun, it is not
in my plans. And using the SPEs to do software rasterizers when
we have a proper graphics support (RSX) just seems a waste of effort.

Again I personally I'm not asking to give to us for free the
same support they give to PS3 developers. PS2 Linux also did not
support everything, but it did have some support nonetheless.

Sorry to bother the people again with this issue.

Me personally I'll stop complaining and see how the situation evolves.

Maybe Sony, Nvidia, or whoever is holding this back will change
their mind.

Just my .02€,
Paulo