[ydl-gen] Roaring fans

Kai Staats kstaats at terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 7 23:52:13 MDT 2007

On Friday 04 May 2007 11:05, Johan Kooijman wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I've seen quite some people with the same issue, but I haven't been
> able to find a solution for this: I've installed the latest version of
> YDL on my iMac (G5 1.8 Ghz, 2 GB DDR). Install went fine, booting is
> fine, I can use the product without any problems. But ... the fans in
> the Mac are *ROARING*. They make more noise than my printer on
> steroids. I've applied all updates.
>
> Any ideas?

This means, most likely, that the power management (thermal) drivers were
never completed/included. Each Apple product often had a different,
non-compat driver base which made it very difficult.

We can look into this for the next rev, but the G5 iMac is a model we do not
have in-house which makes it more difficult to support.

kai