[ydl-gen] RPMs of MOL for YDL?

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat May 19 21:25:07 MDT 2007

Hi Nikolai!

Regarding MOL you don't have to wait for Owen or Joseph to prepare rpms,
you can do them yourself.  Here are directions which were posted by Dr.
Joseph Sacco to the list on 5/4/2007.  Subject: Mac-on-Linux?
Here it is:

If you wish to try it out on a PPC running YDL-5.x:

* pull the latest source code from SVN trunk

        svn co http://mac-on-linux.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mac-on-linux/trunk mac-on-linux

* examine the build options

        run: make help

* build the RPMs

        run: make rpms

which will build the RPMs [mol + kernel modules] using the default
options for PPCs.

If you wish to build MOL manually, do the following:

* make prefix=/usr
[default prefix is /usr/local]

A kernel-like menu based configuration dialog will eventually appear
allowing you to set options.

* make install prefix=/usr

Best wishes...