[ydl-gen] Serious problem, please help

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Sat Nov 24 11:37:10 MST 2007

Thanks, Derick. Actually I fixed it just now (whew!!) by using the
"interactive startup mode" in the "ydltext" mode of kboot. After
answering "no" to about 20 questions, I was able to log in with a
mounted filesystem and changed the kboot.conf to the working video
mode. Then everything booted fine.

One of the sources of my troubles I am sure is the name change of the
root directory in more recent kernels. I think the system was looking
for the newer root (/dev/ps3da2) using the older kernel and thinking
it was an ext2 filesystem, which led to the prompt for a superblock.

Thanks again.

-Warren Nagourney