[ydl-gen] lsusb in 5.0.2 ??

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Sep 3 14:49:56 MDT 2007

Hi Chris:

Just letting you know that when I try to execute your recommendation the
following occurs:

[aguila at arakus ~]$ which lsusb
/usr/bin/which: no lsusb in
(/usr/local/enlightenment/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/aguila/bin)
[root at arakus aguila]# which lsusb
/usr/bin/which: no lsusb in
(/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/local/enlightenment/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/aguila/bin)
[root at arakus aguila]# whereis lsusb lsusb:
[root at arakus aguila]# locate lsusb
[root at arakus aguila]#

Also yum doesn't seem to know that such utilities should be available.

[root at arakus aguila]# yum info "*lsusb*"
Setting up repositories
extras
[1/4] extras                    100% |=========================|  951
B    00:00
fedora-extras
[2/4] fedora-extras             100% |=========================| 1.1
kB    00:00
updates
[3/4] updates                   100% |=========================|  951
B    00:00
base
[4/4] base                      100% |=========================| 1.1
kB    00:00 Reading repository metadata in from local files
[root at arakus aguila]#

Any ideas?

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 16:21:42 -0400
Christopher Murtagh <cmurtagh at terrasoftsolutions.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 01 September 2007 17:42, Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
> > Just wondered where I might find the "lsusb" command in 5.0.2 ??
>
> >From my laptop:
>
> [root at localhost ~]# which lsusb
> /sbin/lsusb
> [root at localhost ~]# rpm -q --whatprovides /sbin/lsusb
> usbutils-0.71-2
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris
> HINT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords>
> site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

========
The scientist's religious feeling takes the form of a
rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which
reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, in
comparison with it, the highest intelligence of human beings
is an utterly insignificant reflection.  This feeling is the
guiding principle of his life and work.
-- Albert Einstein, Scientist.