[ydl-gen] lsusb in 5.0.2 ??

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Sep 3 21:11:18 MDT 2007

Hi Chris:

Explicitly telling yum to install usbutils did it.

Thanks!  Now:

[root at arakus ~]# whereis lsusb
lsusb: /sbin/lsusb /usr/share/man/man8/lsusb.8.gz

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 23:00:45 -0400
Christopher Murtagh <cmurtagh at terrasoftsolutions.com> wrote:

> On Monday 03 September 2007 22:55:14 Derick Centeno wrote:
> > Thanks for your reply.  However, this is what happens on my end:
> >
> > [aguila at arakus ~]$ su -
> > Password:
> > [root at arakus ~]# lsusb
> > -bash: lsusb: command not found
> > [root at arakus ~]# rpm -qi usbutils| grep lsusb
> > [root at arakus ~]#
>
>  I'm guessing that you don't have usbutils installed. To confirm:
>
>  rpm -qa | grep usbutils
>
>  If you do have it installed, it's either broken, or an earlier
> version than the one I have. If not:
>
>  yum install usbutils
>
> Since we know where RH based systems put lsusb, you could also
> confirm that it's here (or not):
>
> ls -l /sbin/lsusb
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris
> HINT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords>
> site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

========
The scientist's religious feeling takes the form of a
rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which
reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, in
comparison with it, the highest intelligence of human beings
is an utterly insignificant reflection.  This feeling is the
guiding principle of his life and work.
-- Albert Einstein, Scientist.