[ydl-gen] YDL 5 installation on Xserve

Bill Mueller bmueller at terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 6 08:47:50 MDT 2007

Atro,

I'm jumping into this without reading the entire thread, so this might
have been covered previously.

Two questions:
    Have you tried a network install?

    Can you drop to the anaconda command prompt and see the fw device
    (either parted, kernel message, etc?) and it just doesn't appear
    in the gui partitioning page?

With the first, there is some black magic that can be done to
install packages from one release (5.0.2) with a separate
boot disk kernel (5.0.1).

With the second, it would help us debug anaconda a bit a formulate
an intelligent answer.

-Bill