[ydl-gen] yum can't works(ydl4.1)

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Thu Sep 20 01:35:08 MDT 2007

Hi Enjyu!

Allow me to clarify that the version of yum which exists for YDL 5, is
not the same design which exists in YDL 4/4.1.  If I'm reading your
statement correctly the reason you don't see anything in yum.repos.d
within YDL 4.1 is because all necessary instructions or modifications
you intend to implement can be done within yum.conf.

Modifying yum within YDL 5 however, requires modification of
yum.repos.d -- not yum.conf.

You can avoid dealing with YDL 4.1 entirely by moving up to YDL 5.  The
advantage of doing this is that your machine will become current on the
latest release available for YDL. Of course, within YDL 5 the changes
you wish to make within yum from within yum.repos.d will be the correct
strategy.

TSS, which created YDL in the first place did tested whether YDL 5
works on your machine.  They determined that YDL 5 will run on your
machine.  That statement is here:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php?hw_cat_id=7

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:52:45 +0900 泊吉伸 <yoshinobu at tomaken.jp> wrote:

> Dear,subscribers
>
> I'm enjyu(Japanese)
> I installed ydl4.1 in B/W(G3 350MHz),and want to install Gnash to use
> yum. but it doesn't work well.
> under yum.respo.d is'nt exist any files.
> maybe it need some files but I can't seach them.
> please tell me need files.
>
> thank you :)

========
 "If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often
think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of
music. ... I get most joy in life out of music."

"What Life Means to Einstein: An Interview by George Sylvester
Viereck," for the October 26, 1929 issue of The Saturday Evening Post.