[ydl-gen] vlc & mplayer for ydl 6 problems

Weldon Peyton weldon.peyton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 13:09:09 MDT 2008

Please, Please,

Can anyone help?  I have installed vlc 8.6 because vlc 8.5 will not install
on my system due to a dependancy conflict.  I have installed mplayer finally
after a week, but will not play any mms files because it is cannot detect
the stream, or does not recognize the stream. Sometimes I get a message
cannot open the stream.  I have used YUMEX and pointed yum to look for
dependancies from livna, freshrpms, and a host of other sites.  I have
downloaded almost every update possible, a few I still cannot download like
vlc 8.5.  Now I have check almost every blog and tried every trick.  I
re-installed 6.0 twice and still cannot get either one of these two to
download or stream of the internet from any site including YouTube.  On that
site I have audio, but no picture.  I have checked that Firefox has all
plugins installed and I have downloaded and paid for the Windows player
codecs from Fluendo.  Now is there anything I am missing?  Why doesn't these
two players work and what is wrong with gstreamer that Totem does not work
either.  I do have a broken link in my gstreamer file (I think it is a lib
file that states it must not be removed or gsteamer will not work at all.

Please provide me with some clear help?  Can I get Realplayer to work on ydl
or is there a simple solution to get these other players to work.  By the
way I have been using GNOME, the more stable system than Enlightenment to
open and work these programs and still nothing works.  I have tried all tv
sites to find a file that may work.  Please let me know if there is a
configure problem that I need to take care of to make these program work
properly.  Also when I go to a streamed item on a site, I get a message if
it uses swf, "no video" on the screen where the video should be.  What is
the problem?

Weldon Peyton