[ydl-gen] Fwd: sagitta iso

deejay dokebi soldermaster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 20:01:23 MST 2008

Is it just me guy or is ydl mailing list annoying as hell

On Dec 5, 2008 9:31 PM, "Stephen Harker" <sjh at adfa.edu.au> wrote:

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 08:21:38AM -0800, PeterH wrote:
> [...]

> 4 is perhaps most important for those who are attempting a Linux > PowerPC
install onto a pre-G3...
To the best of my recall I thought YDL3 was the last version which
would boot on an oldworld machine.  However, I see the distinction may
be more pre-G3 (see
http://fixunix.com/powerpc/14381-ydl4-1-beige-g3-success.html).

The last install on my 7600 (oldworld) was from YDL3.  However, it is
now running YDL6.  I went the yum upgrade path to take it through
YDL4, YDL5 and YDL6.  The main problem being to compile your own
kernel with appropriate drivers (or use kernels from
http://shiner.info/?files/Yellow%20Dog%20Linux%204/kernel or similar).
I am using a self-compiled 2.6.25.10 kernel on the 7600.

It is a pity if there are not any YDL3 or YDL4 iso's on the net.  I
have CD's for these versions, but nowhere to host them.  Possibly a
smaller boot image/cd could be created for oldworld machines?  I have
occasionally thought I should look into it.

Stephen Harker                           s.harker at adfa.edu.au
PEMS
UNSW at ADFA