[ydl-gen] recognizing external drive?

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Sun Dec 7 17:29:26 MST 2008

Within YDL it your options depends on which Desktop Environment one
is in.  KDE which can be installed as an option from within pirut
will see your drive and mount it as soon as it boots up.  However if
you are within E17 although E17 will see your external drive there is
one more step necessary to execute.  I'm not sure how to automate the
process without using a script.

Even so, within E17 do this:

Find the primary window which appears automatically within the first
virtual window out of 4, 10, or however many you use.  Look for
within that virtual window a menu called Places --> Computer.
Another window will appear listing all devices E17 currently sees.
You should see your external drive there, to get e17 to mount it
double-click on it.

I'm writing this from memory at this time.  Unfortunately I can't
cross-check this advice for accuracy right now as I'm not in YDL.  I
hope that my recollection is sufficient.

All the best...