[ydl-gen] If you want to be removed from the list, read this

SA sa at claborn.net
Wed Dec 10 11:26:12 MST 2008

People,

If you want to be removed from the list, use the unsubscribe feature on this
web page:

as has already been described.

If you do that and you have NOT received the unsubscribe confirmation email,
then PLEASE check your spam quarantine folders for the missing message.

I would suggest that you add fixstars.com or at least
yellowdog-general-request at lists.fixstars.com and
yellowdog-general-bounces at lists.fixstars.com  to your allow/whitelist before
you even begin to unsubscribe.

If you can't use the web interface, you can send an email to
yellowdog-general-request at lists.fixstars.com with NO subject and nothing but
the word "unsubscribe" in the body (without the quotes). Be SURE to send
it "from" the same address that's subscribed to the list, otherwise it will
not help - it can't guess which address you're trying to unsubscribe, you
have to use the exact address.

Finally, do not send "remove me" unsubscribe requests to the list. There is no
automatic program that's going to find those messages and remove you, because
you're sending your unsubscribe request to the WRONG place.

If that still doesn't work, DON'T complain to the list: we are users just like
you, and we can't help you. Send your complaints to the list administrator
instead. according to the web page, the administrator is
cmurtagh at us.fixstars.com

(Sorry Christopher ;-)   )