[ydl-gen] PowerMac G5 on 2.6.27

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Fri Dec 26 01:49:43 MST 2008

Hi,

	I have a PowerMac G5 (PowerMac7,3) that has YDL 6 on it. I just got a
2.6.27 kernel to boot. If the system gets busy it will shut itself off.
It will print "temperature way over maximum" messages on the console
shortly before switching off. This is a water cooled dual 2.5 GHz 970FX
machine. Anyone running a 2.6.27 kernel on one of these.

	The TDL 2.6.23 kernel seems fine. According to the sysfs attributes in
/sys/devices/temperature, the cpus under the 2.6.23 kernel level off at
like 50 and 70.

kevin