[ydl-gen] PowerMac G5 OpenGL support and ObjC

Thierry DELHAISE thierry.delhaise at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 07:57:30 MDT 2008

Hi, the list,

I own a PowerMac G5 2x2Ghz with an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.

I'm currently running a Suse 11 ppc version (freshlly installed).

A based perf test with (glxgears) gave me : 1431 FPS (with the original
size window).

I would like to know what performance I can expect with a YDL 6.0 (what
is the OpenGL implementation on YDL? Does the rendering engine is the
Mesa DRI R300 and witch version ?)

Second, what about the objc support with the stock gcc ? (witch version
? ). I'm porting a GNUstep app with the cairo backend (for those who
know). So any informations regarding those libs, tools will help me to
achieve my transition may be to YDL.

May be I missed something on the YDL site and may be I missed a page
where I can found all this technicals specs. Let me know.

Thx for your time.

Best regards

Thierry