[ydl-gen] Training Courses - Addendum

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Sat Jul 26 05:44:09 MDT 2008

After some thought I wanted to correct myself regarding my last statement,
"...Now that is something which only YDL can allow you to do exclusively and
well."  I should have recalled that there are other open source GPL based
projects and distributions which allow access and programming of the Cell.
However, in my view, YDL has been a consistent and reliable product which I
have appreciated and used throughout many years.  Using terms familiar to a
backpacker in the woods, it's akin to a knife which provides endless utility
given sufficient practical insight and imagination.

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:21:53 -0400
Derick Centeno <dcenteno at ydl.net> wrote:

> YDL has pretty much followed the Red Hat distribution so focusing on
> learning how that works -- the RH manual can be directly downloaded from
> Red Hat -- should be the only thing one needs besides typical training
> available regarding good "best practice" strategies for nearly any
> Linux/Unix family of systems in applying System Administration
> strategies.  Developing programming skills in the various computer
> languages are standard academic skills one can develop independently
> or via college.
>
> Of course after all that there remains the necessity of learning and
> applying what YDL is really great for -- mastery of the Cell via
> advanced mathematics.  Now that is something which only YDL can allow
> you do exclusively and well.
>
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Posey, Jake E
> <Jake.E.Posey at boeing.com> wrote:
> > Are there any training courses available for YDL?
> >

> > Thanks,
>
> > Jake

=====
"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often
think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of
music. ... I get most joy in life out of music."

"What Life Means to Einstein: An Interview by George Sylvester
Viereck," for the October 26, 1929 issue of The Saturday Evening Post.