[ydl-gen] YDL 6.0 libcairo

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Wed Jun 25 12:11:48 MDT 2008

Laurent Desnogues wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Kevin Diggs <kevdig at hypersurf.com> wrote:
>
>>       Question still remains: is the libcairo shipped with YDL 6 compiled
>>debug (-g)? If so, why?
>

> Why do you think compiling with -g will matter?  Except for
> keeping some compiler generated debug information in the
> object files, that doesn't change anything (at least I have
> yet to see a file generating different code with and without
> -g).
>

> Laurent

Good point. I need to do a better job of asking questions. I should have
asked:

Is the libcairo shipped with YDL 6 compiled without optimization (-O2)?
If so, why?

It took ... to long to figure out why the 1 instruction functions were
not inlining? The resultant code was, however, very entertaining!

kevin