[ydl-gen] media player

Weldon Peyton weldon.peyton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 16:29:52 MDT 2008

Please can some send or set up some easy directions to get one of the media
players to work in ydl 6.0.  Let it be known I have worked on getting my
media player to work for 3 days now.  I have installed and uninstalled gnash
player, I have installed shockwave, I have installed Real Player 10 Gold, I
have installed Mozplugger and I have installed m4 for Mozplugger.  I can not
get Firefox 2.0 to recognize any plugins.  I have installed all these
products under Root and also tried to get them to initiate in Session of
ydl.  None of them will start and Firefox has not recognize any of the
plugins for any of these programs, even gnash player when I had it
installed.  *Please write clear instructions.  If I have to copy paste a
file in another folder please give the full path and instructions on how to
copy paste it.  *Please, I am sure there is one little step I am missing, so
be clear and concise.  Talk to me like a three year old, at this point, it
would be admired.  I just want to solve this problem, because it is the only
reason I really got the program in the first place.  Without ydl 6.0 is
completely useless to me. By the way, if I buy the codecs for Window player
thru Fluendo  will this allow me to play video thru Firefox?  In otherwords
will I have the same plugin recognition problem I have now? Has anyone been
successful doing this?  I thought I would ask before I spend the money!!!

Weldon