[ydl-gen] FUSE

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Sat May 3 08:43:18 MDT 2008

Hi Kai:

It's been years since I've needed to recompile a YDL kernel, but from what I
remember the pkg has to exist first as an object file which the kernel can
see and recognize - as the kernel is built during it's own compilation
process.

I'm sure there's a better way to express the above except I can't think of
one at the moment.
Hopefully it's clear enough as it stands.

Make sure that the package is actually something which can in fact "speak
to" or "work with" the PowerPC family of processors.  Some packages are
designed by default to be Intel only, unfortunately.  This is an annoying
reality but true nonetheless; I can't express how often I've discovered this
to be so even though the package was listed as available for PowerPC
systems.  Of course, being able to read what the designer/programmer
intended is an art in itself.

All the best...