[ydl-gen] YDL vs Debian based distros

yavin at gmx.com yavin at gmx.com
Tue May 27 11:40:25 MDT 2008

Hey everybody,

I'm an old Debian user and I wonder which benefits YDL (Red Hat based)
provides in comparison with other distros. A friend of mine installed a
ppc build of Ubuntu on his PS3 and as I'm used to Debians apt I think
about to give it a try. The problem is I don't know if there are other
reasons like hardware support issues which are pro YDL.

May be a developer/maintainer of YDL or a experienced user can compare
YDL to "normal" distros. Why should I use YDL instead of Fedora or Ubuntu?

Greetings from Germany
Kai