[ydl-gen] CellSDK3.0 on compute node with YDL6 WRONG ADDRESS

roleplayer313235 at aol.com roleplayer313235 at aol.com
Sun Oct 5 06:04:18 MDT 2008

Message below sent to wrong address.
I am not a user through this site.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kai Staats <kstaats at terrasoftsolutions.com>
To: Discussion List for General Yellow Dog Linux User Topics <yellowdog-general at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
Sent: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 6:56 pm
Subject: Re: [ydl-gen] CellSDK3.0 on compute node with YDL6

Xiang,
I believe Aaron pointed you to the Help Desk solution for Y-HPC support.
lease use that interface for assistance with Y-HPC on PS3s.
kai

 Hi, I just installed Y-HPC on a PS3 with YDL6 as head node and used another
 PS3 as compute node. I installed CellSDK3.0 using IBM CellSDK iso files on
 head node without any problem. However, when I tried to install it on the
 compute node, some errors occured saying that those SDK packages are
 intended for a ppc64 architecture.

 Here is a list of the packages failed to install:
 numactl-devel-0.9.10-1
 dacs-3.0.0-19
 cell-libs-3.0-16
 cell-demos-3.0-10
 alf-devel-3.0.0-9
 ppu-simdmath-devel-3.0-5
 cell-examples-3.0-11
 libspe2-devel-2.2.0-91
 dacs-devel-3.0.0-19

 Anyone knows how I can solve the problem and have all the SDK components
 installed? Thanks!

 Regards,
 Sean
INT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords> site:terrasoftsolutions.com'