[ydl-gen] CellSDK3.0 on compute node with YDL6

xiang yin yin-xiang at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 19:27:13 MDT 2008

Hi, I just installed Y-HPC on a PS3 with YDL6 as head node and used another PS3 as compute node. I installed CellSDK3.0 using IBM CellSDK iso files on head node without any problem. However, when I tried to install it on the compute node, some errors occured saying that those SDK packages are intended for a ppc64 architecture.

Here is a list of the packages failed to install:
numactl-devel-0.9.10-1
dacs-3.0.0-19
cell-libs-3.0-16
cell-demos-3.0-10
alf-devel-3.0.0-9
ppu-simdmath-devel-3.0-5
cell-examples-3.0-11
libspe2-devel-2.2.0-91
dacs-devel-3.0.0-19

Anyone knows how I can solve the problem and have all the SDK components installed? Thanks!

Regards,
Sean