[ydl-gen] YDL 6.1 and Rage 128

Stephen Harker sjh at adfa.edu.au
Fri Apr 24 23:05:37 MDT 2009

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded my old 7600/200 to YDL 6.1.  This
machine has a PCI Rage 128 card installed.  After the upgrade X11
graphics would not work with the card. After some investigation I
found that the problem was that in current Xorg releases the
xorg-x11-drv-ati file no longer includes the r128 driver.  My solution
was to download xorg-x11-drv-r128-6.8.0-1.fc10.src.rpm from a Fedora
10 repository and build it for myself.

This yielded a working r128 driver and accelerated X11 for my old
7600/200.  This may be of some value to anyone running a system with
an old Rage 128 card.

Stephen Harker                           s.harker at adfa.edu.au
PEMS
UNSW at ADFA