[ydl-gen] Response of Fixstars to end of ps3 otheros

Nelson Batalha nelson_batalha at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 31 02:20:58 MDT 2009

I believe he meant why not ask Sony to take over the whole Linux related software to use it as usual.
Thing is, Linux
on the ps3 runs on a hypervisor, it's not just a bootloader that needs
to be developed (the bootloader must be the easy part no?). This is to
prevent direct access to the PS3 which could lead to pirated games.
As
Kai Staats explained (thanks!) they were very cautious with testing. I
imagine this would be one of the reasons, to prevent any error that
would "open" a door to hackers. For this reason I also don't believe
they would give control of the hypervisor to a third party.
Nelson