[ydl-gen] Linux yellow dog manual for dummies

Rob Sanders rarob at travelinglightfarm.net
Sun Dec 27 05:28:27 JST 2009

Warren,
   I'd concur.  This application was hugely floating point
intensive.  Graphics ops were not an issue for us.  The app used only
low-level X11 calls (no Motif, or Xt calls even), so what graphics
there were under OSX had to go through Apple's X11 layer before being
seen.  Most of the testing I had done was using the XServe as the
compute host, with graphics being redirected to a remote terminal.
But I still consistently saw about a 2x speed improvement when the
app ran on YLD 4 vice OSX 10.3.  <sigh>  Many fond memories....

-Rob