[ydl-gen] Faulty ISO Images in the Repositories?

Dene Stringfellow support at ridgedale.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 10:10:48 MST 2009

I have downloaded most of the .iso images for Yellow Dog Linux versions
5x and 6x today and found that when I wrote the CD/DVDs the following
.iso images all had truncated file names which has caused installations
to fail:

yellowdog-5.0.1-phoenix-APPLE-20070504-disc1.iso
yellowdog-5.0.2-20070627-disc1.iso
yellowdog-6.0-DVD_20080207.iso
yellowdog-6.1-ppc-DVD_20081119.iso

The following .iso images appear to be fine with long file names in tact:

yellowdog-5.0.1-phoenix-APPLE-20070504-disc2 (- I haven't checked disks
3 to 6 yet although I wouldn't be surprised if they were OK as the issue
appears to concern all bootable media)

yellowdog-5.0.2-20070627-disc2.iso
yellowdog-5.0.2-20070627-disc3.iso
yellowdog-5.0.2-20070627-disc4.iso
yellowdog-5.0.2-20070627-disc5.iso
yellowdog-5.0.2-20070627-disc6.iso

When I mount the downloaded images and compare them to the written
CD/DVDs the respective contents match. All of the .iso images were
downloaded and burnt the same way - namely downloaded the .iso files
using Safari (under MacOSX 10.5.6) from the US Oregon State University
HTTP mirror and then burnt by dragging the images into DiskUtility,
inserting the media and burning and verifying.

Could someone let me know where I can get hold of .iso images for:

yellowdog-5.0.1-phoenix-APPLE-20070504-disc1.iso
yellowdog-5.0.2-20070627-disc1.iso
yellowdog-6.0-DVD_20080207.iso
yellowdog-6.1-ppc-DVD_20081119.iso

where the file names haven't been truncated? Otherwise I would be
grateful if someone could please explain where I am going wrong with
respect to burning the bootable .iso images.

Thanks in advance.